PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How is it on BA Mixed Fleet, are you enjoying it?
Old 5th Jul 2011, 14:20
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

I don't think M/F are over crewed anymore because they were actually short of crew last month and this month and some E/F crew have been used off standby to operate, as a whole crew, a Prague and Amsterdam flight for them due to the shortages. They were initially going out with extra crew and quite often new CSMs have to have a supernumerary flight and then they have two CSMs.

We E/F and WW are on the other hand over-manned and sitting at home doing non ops far too much!

I have been told by a number of E/F Airbus Captains that the service on the Manchester and Amsterdam are often not completed. One pilot told me that the CSM tried to ask him not to land. One aircraft apparently landed with the tray tables down and these stories have been told to me by pilots that were on the flights. Elldee, on E/F we always complete the service!

That link to Flyertalk is a bit worrying. It is of course not the fault of the Mixed Fleet crew, who are doing their best with little training! After all it takes quite a number of years to get to be First trained on WW or SFG and this really is the result of a real rush. I think it is a great shame that M/F crews could not have been integrated into our fleets.

I would like to think it can only get better but with the pace of recruitment, I don't think that will be the case, more and more new entrants are coming on line and they are being trained by people that themselves have only just joined! You couldn't make it up!!

But of course it is not the M/F crews fault at all.