PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas/Polar
Thread: Atlas/Polar
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2011, 03:23
dumbdumb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From NIttyGritty: You have to give support to get support. Polar has never done so and has asked everyone one else to risk themselves without any reciprocation on their part in the past.

Polar is the bad neighbor that never returns your lawn tools but is ready to ask for everything else you have in your garage.

Seriously? Talking out the end you shouldn't is what I gather from your post. I'm a good neighbor and return tools when borrowed. However, I will not ask for tools from scabs (not saying you are one) or from people with no back bone. Most of you do not fit the above and thank goodness there's new blood coming in through the ranks of newhires. The Atlas side of the house gets roughly a measly ten percent pay hike if and when the arbitrator rules, profit sharing has financial triggers involved, listened to Bourne's koolaid speech to join Teamsters (how's that workin' out for ya), and some work rule improvements.

Rumor has it that there's going to be another ALPA push after arbitration. Time will tell, I guess. So as far as your "garage" is concerned, there's nothing in there to borrow so why even bother. Having said that, I have no issues with Atlas folks as long as they don't get there almighty wholier than thow attitude going against the Polar folks.

If you voted to pass your last contract years ago shame on you. That's a question I love to ask when talking to some on the Atlas side of the house when it's brought up. I let them complain and complain then all I do is ask if they voted for it. If they say yes, enough said.

IMO, we're going to have safety in numbers when or IF the arbitrator rules. The catch is staying on the correct side of the house and throwing away your koolaid glass if you have one.