PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Tiger Tales
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2011, 02:34
jportzer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The ops pilots fight on a daily basis for the greater good for all.
Casa are just sick of arguing with the top.
Unfortunately the employees who try their best to maintain the highest level of professionalism are the collateral damage..
Okay, I get this when it comes to things like maintenance control or the other various allegations that CASA has put forward. But how can you say that everyone at the coalface is maintaining the highest level of professionalism, if as alleged the pilots have descended below MSA twice in June? Isn't the safe conduct of flight the basic responsibility of the Captain and his/her crew, not management? I mean, Tiger pilots do have IFR ratings, ATPL's, etc., right? Surely they are professional enough to follow basic IFR rules without any extra training from Tiger or reminders from management?

If the allegations are true, to an outsider it seems like there are some poorly trained, incompetent pilots (along with many experienced ones it sounds like), and Tiger management isn't willing to fix that in a manner suitable to CASA. Surely this is frustrating to the experienced, hardworking pilots who fly safely, but how can you say that every worker is 100% doing their job when incidents like this happen (if true as alleged). Am I missing something obvious here?