PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 8
Thread: Ryanair - 8
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2011, 18:30
easyflyer83

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm sure there are many crew members on board EZY who take great pride in their service but I have yet to see it. I remember flying home on the 23rd December from LGW, and for the week before I panicked that the flight would go ahead to BFS due to the weather. I get on board the aircraft and a fellow passenger and I were disgusted by the fasct that the girl in charge of the buy on board trolley got to row 5 met a friend and chatted for a whole 15 mins! My flight was delayed, I'd rushed straight from work and I was starving... when I'm at work I don't chat to friends from outside and I expect the same from cabin crew. I also don't appreciate the jokeyness, I'm not a particularly good flyer (the result of watching too much air crash investigation) but I want professional/responsible staff who don't laugh on the tannoy, or amongst themselves.

One can fault RYR all they want, but you can never fault the professionalism of their cabin crew!
One flight and one crew member which is why i said "by and large". I'm not naieve to think that there are employees out there who don't let the side down but Easyjet crew have a good reputation. As an ex GB'er who was trained "the BA way" if you like I have always been impressed by Easy crew and their down to earth-ness which IMO plays no small part in the fact they are generally well thought of amongst passengers.

I've laughed on the PA before, unintentionally if something has happened in the galley or if I have said something by mistake or cocked a PA up. With the latter, passengers are usually the first to laugh anyway. The key is not to become stupid with it......if you can't stop laughing, stop the PA. I can tell you that actually Easyjet are **** hot with PA standards and cracking jokes/comments on boarding PA's/demo's etc is forbidden.

Laughing amongst themselves......well why can't they? I laugh in the galley whilst working (they are open galley's fair enough) but when i laugh with my colleagues in the cabin we always involve passengers and it will very much depend on the route.

We all have different views on professionalism the key is everything has to be in context. Crackin jokes and having banter with crew and pax on a Wedneday morning ZRH might not always be appropriate but adopt the straight laced yes sir/sorry sir robot approach on a Thursday night Tenerife and crew all to often get labelled as stuck up.

All i meant was that, whilst Easyjet can improve in several ways IMO, if you read Skytrax trip reviews, the crew are quite often complimented......even on the worst reviews.