PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I have finally had enough!!!
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2011, 08:54
NilDesperandum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm only biting to the bait dangled by the original post, because I've become intrigued by the poster. So saddest aviator, what do you make of the views and opinions posted so far ? Any good advice for you here ? I'm a bit surprised this thread has been going on 2 weeks and no further comment from you.

Was it a bit of a frustrated rant, a genuine appeal for advice or an attempt to start a debate ? You must have a view on what's been written so far, so how about posting a reply !

Personally I've been flying a bizjet for a couple of years and am finding the difficulty in progressing very frustrating. I'm also getting concerned because I dont have an aircraft to fly at the moment. Some company contracts have been lost and one aircraft is mothballed. Having said that, I am an optimist and I have my fingers crossed that the situation in the industry will improve in the next year or two.

My perfect mix of activity is to be doing charters in a jet mixed in with instructing and trial flights in light aircraft. Cant beat flying over the Needles on the Isle of Wight at 1500 ft with a student ! In the airline / commercial field I cant help feeling that you need to cultivate a bullsh*t filter so you can tune out a lot of the cr*p and not let it get to you.