PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Tiger Tales
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2011, 04:50
das Uber Soldat

Received 127 Likes on 36 Posts
Trent you've failed to provide me with an example or reason for para d' 4 times in a row now.

In answer to your latest irrelevancy, the MDA you are adhering to is the S-I MDA during the climbout (which you are always above).

So long as you track along the final approach course during the ascent, you are in that protected area. Technically, as explained to me by CASA, you don't commence the visual circling segment with its associated circling MDA (to which your posted reg applies) until you actually reach the circling altitude and then enter the circling area by turning off the final approach path for the S-I/ILS approach you were flying.

As an example, though counter intuitive, should I fly a VOR S-1, there is nothing 'illegal' about suddenly climbing from 100ft above mda, to 500 ft above mda, aslong as I maintain the correct 5 deg tolerance as required beyond the FAF. This is not 'a missed approach'. The entire time I do this, I am still bound by the S-I MDA. So as an extention to this obvious fact, I could climb up to the circling MDA in this way. Once there, well now I can circle provided the weather is good enough. At no time did I conduct a missed approach. At no time did I descend below the relevant MDA for my stage of flight.

Now, I don't really care that much mate, you operate your plane how you want. I've been clear, ill let the thread get back on topic.

happy flying.

Last edited by das Uber Soldat; 3rd Jul 2011 at 13:20.