PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Tiger Tales
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2011, 03:42
Trent 972

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gnads
para d. a landing cannot be effected from a runway approach (an aerodrome with ILS for runway that can't be used for landing due excessive downwind etc.)
unless a circling approach can be conducted in weather conditions equal to or better than those specified for circling.

OK, now you show me any AIP reference that says an IFR aircraft can execute a missed approach from a published approach and transition into a circling approach from below the circling MDA.
Your interpretation of what the AIP 'Doesn't Say' is not good enough. Actual reference required.

Eject, no argument from me on circling after commencing a circling approach, you can do it till the cows come home. I want to know how you carry out a missed approach from below the circling MDA, from a runway approach and transition into a circling approach before climbing through a MSA.

Claret, here's one impediment.
1.10.2 In executing a missed approach, pilots must follow the missed approach procedure specified for the instrument approach flown.
(Yes. I've been exposed to idiots that want to use bits and pieces from different approach charts to create their own approach. I doubt that the AIP made allowances for those tools though).
In carrying out a unpublished MA (gently climb to Circling altitude as Gnads put it)from a runway approach, AND below the circling MDA you are then just operating IFR below MSA at that moment because you would not be compliant with Instrument Approach rules considering that descent below the circling MDA (and you are below it if you have to climb up to it) can only commence (at night) when you are established on a 'normal' approach path!

Last edited by Trent 972; 3rd Jul 2011 at 04:21. Reason: add reply to Claret instead of another post