PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Tiger Tales
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2011, 02:47
beaver_rotate

What about them?

OK I understand there are obviously some systemic issues at Tiger; I still don't understand how in a Radar environment and in a professional 2 crew operation, with 2 crew procedures, you can bust a cleared alititude (being the 3000' step-down given approaching EPP for the RW27 ILS). I heard whispers it was a coding error with the A320 FMC??

Anyway, digressing slightly, in May of 2010, Air Asia X was witnessed on radar flying below the MSA whilst on the VOR approach onto the VOR32 at YBCG on TWO CONSECUTIVE DAYS! Investigation: AO-2010-027 - Airbus A330-343E, 9M-XXB, Gold Coast Aerodrome, 4 May 2010 So what has CASA done about this over 1 year on? Clearly a 300+ seater A330 spearing into the side of Terranora (on 2 consectuive days ) is quite clearly a IMMINENT SAFETY RISK to safe air travel??? So why are they still allowed to fly here? I still don't understand how the EU can have a blacklist but we don't. How many Garuda Serious Incidents have there been in the past few years?

Also, I heard a few month's ago the CP at Tiger got asked to leave over a training incident at Avalon. Apparently a group of 9V Tiger pilot's conducting base training in Tiger's VH A320's. This IS a rumour network so it could be $hite??!? Maybe this got CASA's spotlight shining???