PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Fitness Test
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2002, 10:30
The Gorilla

Inter Arma Enim Silentius Lex Legis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SET 18

It wasn't broken!! It's like stealth empire building. Does any one remember when GDT @ the Rock Office was a 3 day affair??
Common sense prevailed and so it got abolished for a one day CCS course. Far better!!

BUT what do you do with all the Rocks? Well over the years we have developed a one day IRT pre-deployment course. Of some use I have to agree.

Then we came up with IDT or "Carry on under Canvas!" The less said the better!

So the wheel turns and now we have, yes you guessed it, GDT by any other name. But spread over 3 separate days of the calendar year so section heads can't complain about loss of man-days!

The same has happened with the Aircrew Dinghy drill! All Aircrew at some point have to prove they can swim. I have a certificate to prove it issued by the Ped Staff during basic aircrew training.

So WHY then, do I have to swim 14 lengths of the pool after the Dinghy drill is completed?? In order that the Ped empire can staff it of course!!

Today gentlemen, the tail clearly wags the dog!!

We might well be short of front line, trained professional aircrew. But we will NEVER be short of people who, instead of supporting
the front line, seek only to place obstacles in our way.