PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An apology
Thread: An apology
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2011, 11:29
smoko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Biton,

I only rarely visit PPrune, and found myself doing so this morning after hearing about the grounding of Tiger. I read your initial post immediately after you had made it, and came pretty close to posting a response, however it would've only been inflammatory, and I thought better of it.

Firstly, as many others have done so, I take my hat off to you for your apology. It takes a real person to make a public statement like that.

If I could further add, and I am not affiliated within the confines of an AIPA office, just an observer and a pilot, however, this is all about unity in the Australian aviation scene. Whilst the heat will inevitably be directed at some companies because of this, pilots should both individually and as a group, realise that this is a stand being made for the positive growth of the industry within Australia, and hopefully with flow on effects globally.

The 'blanket' aspersions which are being cast should not be taken on board by individuals directly, instead used as motivation to continue to strive individually as professional pilots, and back our 'brothers and sisters' up who are battling against intolerable airline conditions. By banding together, we are also all ensuring that there is a sufficient airline aviation scene within Australia for pilots who are currently in GA or otherwise who have aspirations of flying Australian jet airliners on decent pay and conditions, without the need to move offshore.

Just my two cents worth, and after seeing your apology, I felt I should raise my head slightly and also make a positive post on what so often easily degenerates into a negative forum of name calling and ego driven narcissism.