PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I have finally had enough!!!
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2011, 11:13
parabellum
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iam NOT a (qualified) pilot, PPL or otherwise, however I will say that (unofficially) I spent a month with the Belgium Air Army in 1991 where a fantastic Sgt tought me to fly the 25 year old Allhoutte chopper to the point I could fly with the skids skimming the tops of the cornfields in the Ardennes, fly under power lines & skim along the Rhine, dodging the barges. I was also (while at RAF Wyton) briefly taught to fly the Canberra as a target against Lightnings from Binbrook. Then at Canings I (Unofficially) was briefly taught by 56 Sqn to fly the F Tornado (I was limited to 7.G).
Only the first sentence isn't complete and utter BS, as any real pilot will know. I don't doubt you have handled the controls of these aircraft, (though I do find it incredible), but you cannot say you can fly any aircraft until you have been trained to and taken it through it's complete envelope, several times and under check conditions, to the point you are cleared to fly it both solo and operationally. (I 'flew' a Shackleton Mk.I, from St. Eval, at the age of thirteen!).