PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 8
Thread: Ryanair - 8
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2011, 14:52
jabird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And is Ryanair the only airline who do this? No would be the answer but nobody is giving out about there chrages are they.
Ultimately everybody has a choice of whom to use but strangely when you see airlines adding on fuel surcharges with gay abandon you don't see a sudden rush of posters on here complaining about fuel surcharges
Hang on a minute - isn't this the part of pprune where people are supposed to bitch about Ryanair?

If I have a problem with BA's fuel surcharge (fast to go up, slow to come down), then that's for the BA thread! I regularly gripe about Caribbean governments charging extortionate amounts for departure tax on top of a ticket which has already been paid for, but Ryanair don't (and won't) go to the Caribbean.

I also have posted about the dual bashing of APD we get on domestic flights - especially in the BFS thread. I think this is very significant in the context of Ryanair pulling out of numerous routes - STN to NQY&BLK and also recently PIK.

Should Which have something to say about APD? I'm not sure - it is a taxation issue, rather than a consumer one, but they might want to point out that UK consumers travelling withi the UK are being unfairly penalised.

So do I think Which are right to compplain about card charges imposed by Ryanair which can't be avoided? Yes - absolutely.