PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 8
Thread: Ryanair - 8
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2011, 13:59
jabird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You completely miss the point by saying these charges are avoidable by using a pre paid card, it's reckoned that only 4% of the population have these cards, 75% of which have been acquired solely to avoid Ryanair charges per person per sector. The rest because their personal credit rating is so crap that they can not get a CC
I think it is worth pointing out that prepaid cards are heavily pushed by travel agents as an alternative to currency (no protection if lost) or travellers' cheques (old fashioned paper, who takes them these days?)

However, I think I'll still agree that the idea of acquiring a particular payment card just to be able to make transactions on a particular airline is a nonsense. What if they all behaved like this - Visa for Easyjet, Diners for Flybe and Amex for baby?

When you needed an electron card to avoid the fee, you could at least apply for one without having to pay any fees to maintain the bank account. But there is no such thing as a totally fee-free pre-paid Mastercard - they all attract some form of setup / usage / monthly fee.

jdcg

I sometimes wonder if MOL's business practices are taken from the ancient Roman amphitheaters (or any modern stand-up artists) where the whole game is to totally take the p*ss out of a very small section of 'customers'. Everyone else looks round and thinks 'that's harsh, but he's still giving cheap flights to US'.

Even with fees that apply to the majority of passengers - I think Ryanair just thrive on being the airline that everybody loves to hate, and which gives everyone the best deal because if they bang on long enough about low prices people won't think to try the rivals, or compute the total cost of their journey.