PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - pilot shortage
Thread: pilot shortage
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2011, 17:03
sodapop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kag and Wraith,

Please feel free to go to a non-pilot forum to express your views concerning Vietnam. In fact, it would be kind of the moderator of this forum to eliminate any posts regarding political views such as your on a thread which discusses pilot shortage. I'm sure Jane Fonda is available to listen to your views, however. My posting of the link to the coffee shut up was due to the fact that anything regarding these views has no place on this thread or forum, IMHO.

When I made reference to the Vietnam era pilots it was regarding the initial article attached to this thread about the upcoming retirement of many pilots in US major airlines. Perhaps I should have specified which year group is retiring soon but I thought the math would be easy enough to calculate. "Vietnam-era pilots" (NOT "Vietnam vet")also refers to guys that got out in the late 70s but were in the military (or civilian pilots even) during the conflict time frame. That said, pilots from the 60s also were able to secure airline jobs at a decent rate for the reasons previously stated. If you read the post by Poydras regarding UA pilots retiring at the rate he specified you should see that it is happening and going to continue to happen. If you choose not to believe it then so be it.

PS: I personally know the US Army captain who was in charge of Lt Calley at My Lai. It's interesting to hear how things went wrong. Notice I said wrong. No where in any of my posts have I said anything about the conflict being good or correct. I have not stated any political view concerning it. Perhaps, I should not have made a joke of the word ''rapped" and I hereby apologize for making you think a reference to MC Hammer had anything to do with Vietnam (because it doesn't). I also stand by the fact that I never brought up anything about the conflict other than using the term "VIetnam-Era Pilots). Have either of you ever been in battle? Please let us all know where you're from so we can discuss your country's foreign policy. But, alas, the Wraith is nomadic and KAG is an "expat" who has abandoned his country. Let's get on with the real gist of this thread please.

Last edited by sodapop; 28th Jun 2011 at 17:49.