PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - pilot shortage
Thread: pilot shortage
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2011, 15:36
KAG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sodapop:
Well, if you reread what I posted, Vietnam "era" pilots who left the military in the mid 70's are now approaching age 65. Even if a guy got out in 1970 he's only now approaching or has just reached age 65. It's not that difficult to do the math(s).

As to your remarks concerning the Vietnam was (conflict to be politically precise), I would say they have nothing to do with this post or forum. I will note that most involvement can be pinned on JFK and LBJ, both democrats whom are now remembered by their initials. How odd.
It's forbidden on PPRune to say "I am wrong", or "true, you have a point", or "maybe I exagerated a bit", I give you that. This is the PPrune community, nobody is wrong ever.
Okay, so concerning your "60s-70s" era, it seems you only take into account the mid 70 part now... Your "era" seems a bit reduced. So I agree, if you speak about a very young vet retiring from Vietnam in 1975 (remember the vietnam war that's mainly 59/73) in his early 20s, yes this guy will be ready to retire pretty soon, sure. So that's the plan to see the looming pilot shortage coming??? What you don't seem to realize, or don't want to see for whatever reason is that most of the airline pilots hired in the 60s-70s are already retired (in 2000/2010), yet you are telling us they will retire in 4-6 years, creating a big pilot shortage in the future. Come back to earth. Let's read again what you wrote initially:The 1960's into the mid-70s saw high hiring with the advent of intercontinental flights (B747 etc) and the hiring of many ex-Vietnam era pilots (the very ones who are starting to retire which should create a strong need for pilots for the next 4-6 years).

You said:
Women/kids "rapped". That happened in the late 80s/90s with LL Cool J and MC Hammer.

It is 2011, hence the retirements.
Ok you want to make fun about the million of vietnamese civilians mudered, killed, raped, women/kid included. I am telling you something: it's everything but not funny, you do have a weird humour.

Question for you sodapop: for example, who did that, when, what happened in this picture below? (clue: it happened in Vietnam)

You found it? Ok here is the answer: picture from a mass murder of 347–504 unarmed citizens in South Vietnam on March 16, 1968, conducted by a unit of the United States Army. All of the victims were civilians and most were women, children (including babies), and elderly people. Many of the victims were raped, beaten, tortured, and some of the bodies were found mutilated.

Others picture available if you like. Remember, most of the times there were no piture to witness the rapes...