PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Telling lies about their OTP
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2011, 23:49
SpannerTwister

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ken Borough
And what my friend are you special qualities, qualifications and expertise to comment on Resource and Schedule Planning and wheher or not it has been correctly planned? Maybe, just maybe, poor OTP is the result of poor execution. If only the pilots would stick to flying the aeroplanes....
Hahahahahahah............

Oh wait, You were serious ??

OK, Then, I'll play !!

And what my friend are you special qualities, qualifications and expertise to comment on Resource and Schedule Planning and wheher or not it has been correctly planned....
"Hello, I'm Freddie...... Blind Freddie"

Yes Ken, Even Blind Freddy can see that the delay problem isn't the guys chucking the bags in the hold, the engineers kicking the tyres, the pilots and hosties doing their pre-flight checks or the ground staff loading the passengers !

Yes, the baggage handlers MAY be loading bags 5 minutes past scheduled departure time, but that's only because you didn't give them enough staff.

Yes, there may be no tug at departure time, but that's because out of the three we have, two are unserviceable because you cut maintenance on them.

Yes, the engineers may be late getting for the pushback, but that is because you cut their numbers and one engineer cannot be in two places at once.

Yes, the aircraft may of waited for seven minutes for the ground staff to position the bridge and open the aircraft door, but that's because you made their roster so that at certain times there are three aircraft arrivals scheduled yet only one member of the ground staff rostered on, see above re: not being able to be in two places at one time !

Do you want me to go on or are you seeing a pattern here ?

ST