PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AirAsia s Fernandes needed 500 aircrafts ?
Old 26th Jun 2011, 13:04
scandicstar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
375 not 500.

James Bro and james taylor,
With due respect to TF for the job done, I am not having any problem with him for that matter I ve never personally meet him only over the media.
I am very happy where I am now though at times I do envy with the Air Asia pilots pay. Frankly , it used to be only Malaysia Airlines if you need to been considered 'airlines pilot' in Malaysia. Now for us the pilot, there is suddenly a choice of flying big jets. If you have a problem in your present company management there is a choice of leaving and join Air Asia.almost immediately. Big money comes with big risk as I am not a risk taker. I am vey happy with what I am getting. I ve seen the ups and down of aviation since late 70s as I am now retiring from the airline.

Ok he is locating his aircrafts all over South East Asia but every countries are putting up new airlines and the current airlines are also ordering the aircrafts by the big numbers. Every legacy carriers are forming their own short and long haul budget subsidiaries to compete . Very soon there will be a serious undercutting which is very detrimental to Flight safety. The number of aircrafts is overwhelming for such a small airspace. This does not include China and India where the major players are.