PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FF v5
Thread: FF v5
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2011, 21:20
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Edit. Just noticed, an Add on I love, one that fills in boxes for you, (IT LEAVES LITTLE BLUE ARROWS TO START PROMPTS) It is still there. Again, just as though I did not kill the FF5 in the uninstall because I know for sure this handy add on program has to be re introduced if not on a formal upgrade of FF.

Played with settings for a while, ended up with taskbar popping up for fractions of a second, just like a screen failure. Just managed to see the Start button. Set it to stay put, and that was okay.

Restored to several days ago - it cured that bizarre fault.

FF just the same!! with the Bookmarks on the desktop just as though I'd not restored.

Killed the v5 FF via programs and features. Reloaded from net via Explorer.

Just the same. Oh, my.

I've no doubt it would be possible to manipulate 5 to look the same as 4, but an hour or more of footling has produced nothing but glitches. Wife's Vista proves my memory is accurate.

I did aim for loading 4, but it lied. Picked 4, and got 5. Oh, my X 2.

What is odd is that I did not have to recover my bookmarks. All there just as though I'd never uninstalled FF.

In all respects, now I've gone back to c 19th of June, FF5 is operating normally except for this confounded File through Help menu. My Bookmarks on the top are on the same line as the back arrow etc.

I guess a copy of 4 would be proof of the pudding. But why me? Can't be how others are seeing it, it's just not good enough to read clearly.