PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I have finally had enough!!!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2011, 01:27
X-Centric

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Absolutely Permafrost & when I'm not in the country I always remember to download my Daily Mail on the iPad, can't live without them giving me my opinions

Seriously, I find it very sad when any pilot says that he's so pissed with the industry that he wants out. From whichever background, we all go through strenuous training to get where we want to be in this industry & without a doubt the Ts & Cs along with all the peripheral BS is continuing to decline. Bean-counters, HR people, so called security fascists have all knocked our professional lives. I do believe, however, that if you can take what you can from the job & have a balanced life outside of work then it's still a reasonable career. On a personal level I've found England to be the most expensive, & yet conversely, most miserable place in which to live. There is no end to the doom & gloom, the endless rain (when they unbelievably claim that we are in a drought situation ) & the general national attitude.

So I say to SA try to find another place in the world through your profession or open that business in the sunshine if you are able to. If it doesn't work for you then you'll know that for you you actually had it good living in the SE of England & flying for a living. If your life change works out then great, what have you got to lose. Either way you won't be left years down the line wondering, "what if...!"