PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2011, 01:02
LN-KGL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since I was so successful with my previous posts - I try one more. This time I will only concentrate om MAN and the international scheduled flight. The tables below are based on the provisional international air passenger traffic May 2011 report from UK CAA. There is a difference between what MAN has reported and UK CAA has reported of 4,345 passengers. I have sorted the different countries after the biggest growth in the number of passengers.

The biggest growth has clearly been to European destinations and almost no growth on Trans Atlantic flights (the small growth is to Canada - US has even a small decline). The two US destinations with the most decline were Orlando (-17.5%) and Philadelphia (-10.9%). With that it is crystal clear which airlines have been effected.

I've also looked in to the passenger load for Emirates, and dependent on if they use high or low density aircraft the combined load is between 66.5% and 74.6%. I suspect Emirates has used a mix and the passenger load will therefore be somewhere between the two percentages I wrote. If EK21/22 had been discontinued (usually flown with the A332), EK17/18 and EK19/20 would combined had a passenger load between 86.1% and 95.4%.

A bit about the ash closures in May 2010. The last day of ash closures in Europe in 2010 was on 17 May. On 16th I was supposed to fly home to Norway via Amsterdam from Humberside (easy to guess the airline I suppose). Humberside was closed due ash, as was MAN and the majority of other British airports. I ended up driving all the way down to Ashford to catch the next day early bureaucrat Eurostar to Brussels and fly home from there via Copenhagen to Oslo. An expensive experience since only business tickets were available.