PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How does this work?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2011, 12:59
P.Pilcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know how true this story is but as I got fed up with my wife's continuous complaints that her computer was not working properly (she had just gone out and bought herself a new Win 7 one and I have not managed to read my £30 Win 7 manual yet), I telephoned the help line. Here I was told how to do a system restore in Win 7 - which worked, but had a long chat with the middle aged self confessed computer geek on the other end of the line. After discussing the merits of DOS 6.22 and CP/M, he told me that he had a completely stand alone machine for evaluating customer's problems and the latest viruses. Apparently he was telephoned recently by one of these "Your computer is running slowly and I can fix it for you" brigade. He humoured the bloke and let him have remote access to this standalone unit. As soon as communication was established, he managed to send the remote computer a load of the worst viruses he had on the machine. "The only trouble is that I never knew what happened to the bloke in the end." He exclaimed.

Nice story.

P.P.