PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - India CPL Ground Classes
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2011, 15:02
cyrilroy21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I can help out with the dilemma

@issues you are right about the fact that you did need some flying experience for issue of computer no . and writing the CPL exams for the october 2010 attempt and its previous attempts .

However during the October attempt the DGCA had rejected a lot of applications on the basis of these . They even rejected applications who a foreign CPL but was expired ( phillipines for eg has 1 year validity )

There was a lot of complaints at the DGCA office because of these rules .

Hence they published a new CAR with lots of changes to these rules

These include removal of flying experience for issue of computer number as for appearing in the CPL exams .

It also removed the fact that you needed a reason to appear for the special exam like a job or expiry of CPL papers ( This clause was removed on the 6th May 2011 when they decided to stop the special session )

This new CAR was published on the 12th November 2010 much later than the last date for application for the October attempt which was 15th september 2010 . Hence the old rules applied for those who applied for the october attempt . So V.P Massey was right at the time due to the existing CAR .

However this new CAR was published on the DGCA website on 24th November 2010

On another note you can only write the CPLCG exams only if you have a foreign CPL . Otherwise you will have to sit for the CPLG category .

I have friend who does not have a single hour of experience but has appeared for the CPLG exams ( he managed to pass one ) due to the new rules .

Back then you even needed to get a ground class certificate to appear for the CPL and ATPL exams . Thankfully they have removed that requirement now .

Here is a link to the new CAR
http://www.dgca.nic.in/cars/D7B-B1.pdf
Please go through it first before asking any further doubts

Hope this clears all your doubts

And good luck for those exams