PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where are the AME apprentices?
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2011, 01:02
Torres

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Long story short this poor young woman was leaned on, harrassed, abused, the subject of all possible verbal assaults until she could tolerate it no more...
I am aware this may occur in a very small minority of workplaces but fortunately, appalling practices of that nature are coming to an end. Where that does occur, it is the result of exceedingly poor management and is generally reflected in the abysmal quality of the service product they sell.

I do not tollerate harrassment, bullying, abuse or gender inequality in respect to the apprentices I employ. Equally, I expect apprentices to be committed to training, their trade and harmony and prosperity in the workplace.

".... s.a.l. a/c ...."
You must be old school - I haven't heard that term for over 20 years!

"SAL" - Supplementary Airline License or Reg 203 Services - were scheduled air services, generally operated by aircraft less than 12,500 pounds MTOW, under an Exemption to ANR203. They operated prior to September 1988, the last time Australia had a complete working set of sane civil aviation regulations.

Why 12,500 pounds limit? Because it was half the max TO weight of a Douglas DC3, the "standard" airline aircraft in 1948.

Last edited by Torres; 21st Jun 2011 at 01:22.