PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How does it look for a newly type rated A320 guy out there?
Old 19th Jun 2011, 20:56
vivekh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Absolutely agree with what you have said.

I actually did not notice that Capt. Morgan is posting from the US. If he is indeed an expat, then it will be a bit difficult for him (and he has very few hours too).

I sure do hope that my mentioning plane orders does not create any mad rush for A320 type ratings. If anyone gets influenced by my post, and does his TR, I would probably say he deserves the kick in the rear he will get once he gets his endorsement.

That said, you will not disagree that with all the new orders, jobs will be available for a few years to come. Albeit, not humongous in number, or even continuous. They will pop up every now and then. Before this is shot down by some negativity as I often do see in these threads, let me just say that if you are a good pilot, and you use your idle time to study and keep yourself thorough, there is no doubt you will get a job. I know of fresh CPL holders, with CPLs that are not even a year old who have got jobs on merit. Some even have multiple offers. If a person is incapable of passing an entrance exam, and then a simple interview, he should not blame the system or the process. You should have used that ample free time to be perfect.

Afterall, with the kind of money pilots do make, a year idle after your CPL is really no big deal. I've seen worse.

Getting back to the job scene, also wanted to add that WHERE you have done your TR also matters these days. Airlines prefer reputed TRTOs like CAE.

Also, with the DGCA changing the rules to allow ME CPL holders (even with zero jet time) to appear for and pass the ATPL papers - much like the international frozen ATPL system - it will be beneficial to appear for the papers in July and pass them just to add that caret to your profile.