PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bond vs Bristow IR training Help please
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2011, 10:46
HeliboyDreamer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bond or Bristows?

Originally Posted by Bravo73
Do you want to do your training in an AS355 or an EC135? If it helps your decision making, it is generally easier to transition from a 'steam driven' aircraft to a 'glass cockpit' rather than the other way. The flip side of that is that an EC135 is a very useful rating to have in the 'parapublic' world (ie Police and Air Ambulance). Especially if your IR and type training has been done by the UK's largest operator of EC135s
Agreed with the glass cockpit thing but not for the rest as I am < 150 hours there will always loads of people with the same spec as me but >>> 150 hours

Originally Posted by Plain Torque
If you want personal experience you might be better requesting Private Messages. Most people who have done it the way you're planning are too paranoid to post on Pprune in case they are identified and it affects their job prospects.
For those who are hesitating for privacy reason feel free to PM me (By the way, really nice post Plain Torque ). Thanks to all of those who have already replied your point of view is an asset.

Originally Posted by Bravo73
To hands-on123, Camp Freddie & Peter PanPan,

I'm sure that the OP is very appreciative to get all of this career advice but it doesn't seem to be what he is after. He has already made the decision to do his IR and is just looking for some input as to which school to choose.

So then, Bristow/Severn or Bond?
Indeed I have already made my decision to go for IR and I have a backup plan if it doesn't work out for me in flying Helicopters (also I am not interested by CFI etc...). I have accepted the fact that this is a high risk and I will have no jobs but I am like you ==> I love it and would like to take my chances.