PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEPA (Palma) slot complaints.
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2011, 01:55
Sonnendec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello,

Letīs explain it again: the 15 minutes tolerance when a CTOT is issued is for exclusive use of ATC, and ONLY in case there is a sequence (more than one traffic waiting for departure). When you are alone at the holding point with your CTOT under your arm you WILL have to wait until the exact time to take off.

Now, was there much more flexibility time ago? FOR SURE, and we loved it as much as you do. But we were not threatened by our own management as we are now. Did you folks know that AENA refuses to investigate any report about sector overloads or incidents if the ATC have not complied with this rule or has given any direct route? Did you know that AENA blames controllers for the airspace congestion for giving shortcuts? Did you know that we have to deal with "imaginative" new sectors without having any training on them? did you know that we have, in one of the new wonderful laws made for us this year, fines to up to 4.5 MILLION euros if we screw it? did you know that AENA management rises sector capacities as they see fit without ANY safety study (FHA)? did you know that we are working under such political pressure that these "overpaid" and "privileged" workers are starting to leave the job? did you know that more controllers than you would imagine are under psichiatric treatment because of this pressure, and still, they have to go to work anyway?

Guess how many days did i rest last july? Make your bet.

Did you know that on the 1st of july, one of my colleagues (and a good friend also), married/two children, one of the best controllers i know, is leaving to go to work in IRAQ? Come on guys, when you prefer to go to Iraq rather than to stay in your "overpaid" job, something is going on. If you dont want to see it, too bad. Your lifeīs on the scale...