PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - lost bottle?
Thread: lost bottle?
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2011, 08:46
vaibronco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just a misunderstanding

(hazardous makes you cautious, dangerous makes you afraid )
I believe this was just a misunderstanding, the choice of a word instead of another.
Playing with words is spectacular, but who the hell can fly for years thinking all the day "maybe I'm about to die". It happened to me for a limited time, minutes or seconds. Not all the day.

I only have few hours more than one thousand, but I feel
much more comfortable when flying with our ten years old BK well serviced by the experienced engineers and flown by an experienced captain,
than when I drive home at the end of the week.

I'm happy to work with a team that never break the rules. FM, MEL, Weather, Procedures, everything. If it is "no go", than we don't go. Aware that anything could happen anyway.

But no matter how cautious I am when driving, cycling or riding my motorbike, nothing can protect me from someonelse's mistake on the road. No emergency procedure most of times. Now I have two kids, that's why my motorbike is sleeping since 2006.

By the way, out of thread, I love flying with an experienced captain. When I was alone on a R44 Astro with my boss, flying all the country, nobody was there to teach me anything. Only my (sometimes scaring) mistakes.

Finally, till the moment you feel safe, and If you have this option, bring with you your "life insurance" and keep on learning. Could be a FI or a retired pilot...
Sorry about my english.