PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 8
Thread: Ryanair - 8
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2011, 21:22
wowzz

Received 102 Likes on 59 Posts
FR Review

I know that this is not a review site, but I did state recently that as some-one who was not a FR fan, but who was going to have to fly FR for personal reasons, I would give FR a fair 'crack of the whip'
Well, my STN-ALC sector was totally unremarkable. Flight left slightly late, arrived on time - fortunately the pa system was turned down so the 'fanfare' was hardly noticeable.
Crew were fine, aircraft looked a bit 'shabby' compared to EZY, but better than I have found on BA!
My only criticism, is that at the gate the cabin-luggage allowance was not more strictly enforced! After reading all the vitriol about FR's stringent luggage policy in the past, and making sure that my carry-on luggage weighed only 8kg and was smaller than the permitted maximum, I was amazed to see enormous bags being wheeled through, which required TWO cc to lift them into the lockers. In my view, a rule is a rule, and FR should ensure that any bag that does not comply with their T&C's should not be allowed through.
So, will I fly with FR again - Yes, as I have never had any issue with their safety record or their punctuality. But, I believe their baggage allowance [if compared to EZY and if enforced] is miserly, and if things go 'pear-shaped', given FR's and EZY's comparative track-records, I would rather be on EZY, given EZY's better customer relations. [I appreciate that this last opinion is purely subjective, and is based only on my own experiences, plus those of my friends/colleagues who regularly use both carriers]