PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China
Thread: China
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2011, 04:59
MaintainYourHeading

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello knma'91,

To answer your question:

What captain.weird and Droste said is exact, except for Droste; I would like to make a slight correction:
China does NOT hire any foreign first officers, unless you speak Mandarin fluently. This is true for both corporate and airline.

Now that leaves us with Captain position. China is looking actively for captains, but through agents only, such as Rishworth, Parc Aviation and so on as captain.weird said. Therefore, if you would like to work in China, look for these agents and contact them directly. Send them your resume, get in touch with them and they will do the rest: get in touch with different airlines and arrange for you to do the interview and so on.
So giving direct contacts of airlines won't necessary help much as HR departments 90% of the time exclusively speak Chinese and only deal with Agents anyways.

Now for airlines hiring foreign captains that I know of: China Southern, Spring Airline, Juneyao, SF Airlines, Deer Air (now Capital Airline), Tianjin Airline definitely, of course Shenzhen Airline, Sichuan Airline and I am certain there quite a few more!
China Eastern does NOT hire foreign captains or FOs anymore.

If I were you, after contacting agents, I would try to get into small, privately owned airlines. They run the most efficiently and offer the best contracts if I am correct. Try Spring and Juneyao first (both A320 series), I heard their contracts are really interesting. SF airlines: B757 rated and experienced captains only. Tianjin airline: EMB 145 and 190.

With you a lot of luck, I work in China and am loving it. Of course there are always difficulties but if you are very open minded and have taste for adventure, the advantages are far greater than negative aspects.

MYH