PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Recruitment Process
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2011, 03:40
Fellowship of the drink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To anyone who wish to move countries or join a new company, do your homework not only for the interview but also include the company and country you wish to move to. This is the common mistake for first time expats. Imagine yourself and your family in the place you are moving to AFTER the gloss and the honeymoon period wears off.

We are all mostly aware that the middle east does not provide the same level of protection (legal or otherwise) as elsewhere but it does provide opportunities.

Opportunities aside, if the events in the whistle blower thread is true, then I am flabbergasted. This is the harshest example of corporate strongarm tactic I have ever read.

I don't know what sort of treatment pilots receive within EY, so I won't comment here but if I was looking to join EY or any company, I would be doing a lot of reading about it and life in the country in the PPRuNe threads and elsewhere (expat websites also help). Sure, there are a few who blow their share of hot steam but there are also a lot of posters whose posts may reflect the truth. Do our homework please.