PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch -2
Thread: Monarch -2
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2011, 13:43
partyboy_uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scandic, I wouldn't want to speculate on fleet, but you shouldn't have to wait too long to find out. Internally, employees were recently told a decision would be made by the end of June although in the travel press I noticed it said that an announcement on fleet changes would be made by August. Employees would be lucky to find out details of confirmed changes a day or so before they are announced publicly and often find out the same time, so I'm not sure which will be true.

Yesterday it was announced that Monarch is committed to the 787's but the earliest date they can expect them at the moment is 2014. All that is known with respect to the 737's is that they have been considered. Nothing more. It is worth noting that Monarch is also looking for fleet commonality in the long term so who knows what may happen. All we know so far is that the 757's Monarch has at present are in management's sights to leave the fleet as they aren't so economical when compared to other aircraft they currently have.

I'm assuming the 2nd crew travel by road transport from MAN to LTN to perform the 2nd half & the 1st crew travel back from LTN by the same means then?
Bit've a b***er if there's an hold up on the motorway I guess...
EGCC7955, yes the crews travel by road as you mention, but I must say that I cannot remember when one of these flights has been delayed due to this reason. Crew travel between bases all the time and it is very rare for a flight to be delayed because of hold ups on the road. Crew transport drivers are also very good in keeping up to date with the latest road and traffic incidents so as to avoid delays. Any such problems could be very costly for an airline.