PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Western Michigan
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2002, 04:49
Hand Solo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well its been some time since I've been there, but if their email doesn't work then click on the website section marked IPTC and the email one of the IPTC instructors- they're generally an approachable bunch and should forward your email to the right place. On the subject of prices, I wasn't self-sponsored and so can't really judge the merits of schools in price terms. I can tell you that the quality of training there will be as good as in the UK with UK, or UK-trained instructors. It is a slight misnomer to describe the school as having a 'university' atmosphere. The flight school is part of the university and you will mix (sort of) with the American aviation students. The university itself, however, is 20 miles away in Kalamazoo and you won't be living on campus. The majority of your time would be spent in BTL with your UK course-mates. You would have full access to the uni facilities, though most people rarely used anything other than the first class sports facilities. That said, it's a great experience to live abroad, the locals are unbelievably friendly and welcoming (if a bit backwards), you do get to enjoy a bit of college culture and your social life is very much of your own making. Still can't fathom why they charge UK prices though.