PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 8
Thread: Ryanair - 8
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2011, 06:54
Rich00cap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"This was during the period when RYR used to sell flights for a few cents, I was travelling back and forth to MAN for a while using Aer Lingus and would buy backup tickets from MAN and LPL on later flights in case I got delayed at a meeting or missed my flight etc. At a price of one cent it was far cheaper than travel insurance, I only bought the tickets when they were practically free and included the taxes and charges and thankfully I never had to use one. Every time Ryanair had one of their 'one cent seat sales' I would also buy up a few random tickets on flights I had no intention of using. By doing this I would have contributed approximately twenty cents to their profits that year but I like to think that this profit would have been more than offset by the potential loss of ancillary revenue they would have suffered by me blocking off a seat that might otherwise have been sold to another passenger who might have actually used the service and subsidised the fare by buying a sandwich, scratch card or even a couple of 'Bullseye Baggys'......"

And thereby denying 20 genuine passengers the chance to buy a bargain and actually travel as intended. You really are a selfish and pathetic individual. Well done, I really hope it was worth it to cause so much inconvenience to others. You obviously hate ryanair, that's your opinion, however misguided but why take it out on ordinary travellers, those who actually appreciate what Ryanair actually do.