PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ferranti Helicopters
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2011, 05:39
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shane; welcome to Rotorheads and thanks for this information which is much appreciated.

Your list mirrors that of fellow-Rotorhead and Medal of Appreciation winner Ahh de Havilland's in post #374 on page 19 of The Nostalgia Thread.

Ahh de Havilland wrote; A list of the DdeF helicopter fleet:

EI-AVK/G-ASLO Brantley B2 - 9.63-10.75
EI-ARU Brantley 305 - 8.67-1.68
EI-ASW JetRanger - 4.68-12.68
EI-ATY Hughes 500 - 5.69-1.72
EI-AVN Hughes 500 - 2.72-7.93
EI-AWA JetRanger - 12.72-3.85
EI-BPM AS350B 4.85-6.93
But, I'm afraid that I'm still in a kerfuffle over Denis' Brantly 305 EI-ARU and whether this was ever entered on the UK register. One photographer had attributed Ferranti's 305 to G-ATUS (aka Atticus) but which in fact seems to have been the personal transport of Sir Quinton Hazell (see previous page). In your record you state that EI-ARU may have been G-AYTB but .. the record shows AYTB as being Rallye Club fixed wing!

What we have:

EI-AVN

EI-ASW

EI-AWA

EI-BPM

What we don't have:

EI-AVK Brantly B2
EI-ARU Brantly 305
EI-ATY Hughes 500

But .. we are making progress given that when this thread started we had none of the above so our thanks to all have assisted.

I should mention that the information we are compiling on 'other' members of the Ferranti family (such as Denis, Basil and Mark) shall form a separate section of the site which mainly focuses on Sebastian de Ferranti and Ferranti Helicopters.

Since we are addressing Irish registered aircraft today can I put out another humble request for any information which may lead us to an image of Mohammed Al Fayed's first Bell 206 (G-BAKX) supplied and managed by Ferranti Helicopters, sold to Roy Flood of Castle Motors and from there to Eire where she was bought by Dublin lawyer Brendan O'Mahony. We are looking for any image of G-BAKX when she was painted in the livery (below) but wearing her UK registration. The white circle would have been detailed with a blue 'F' denoting 'Fayed'. EI-BHI recently featured on The Nostalgia Thread.

Bell 206 EI-BHI belonging to Brendan O'Mahony formerly owned by Roy Flood and Mohammed Al Fayed