PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 8
Thread: Ryanair - 8
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2011, 05:00
sash5000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Am I the only one who finds this thread infuriating. Ryanair are like Marmite, you either love them or hate them.

//Rant On//

Personally, I have flown Ryanair 3 times over the years and can't complain about the service received on any occasion although the on-time jingle is annoying, especially when the plane is late. I can't complain about the crews either as they have been good, and at the end of the day we should all now be used to having a mixture of nationalities in the workplace.

Since I usually book holidays several months in advance, I usually fly EasyJet because their fares are lower when purchased in advance. I do believe that Ryanair need to be more upfront with their advertising, as the prices advertised do not correspond to the prices paid. I can only fine the £8 deal flying to somewhere I don't want to go, when I don't want to go. Flying to somewhere I do want to go, when I want to go tends to cost £80 each way. At that price and allowing for luggage, food etc it is often cheaper flying on other airlines.

I really do not have any sympathy for people who do not read the Ryanair T&Cs and turn up at the airport without their boarding passes and especially oversize hand luggage. I purchased a suitcase for my wife and myself that I made sure met the hand luggage rules. As someone who made sure they follow the rules, I would rather Ryanair checked every case going as hand luggage, as most of what gets carried on is too large. It p$$&& me off that they let them on and don't charge.

//Rant Off//