PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2011, 23:42
johnnychips

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I enquired about what I could expect in business class/lounges with BMI/Swiss to Barcelona about three weeks ago and I was grateful for replies.

Here goes: BMI lounge fine; five business classes passengers to Basel (89 in total); Basel airport lounge like an arboretum - very nice as airside otherwise dead. Business on Swiss Avro to BCN (3, rest of plane full) incredible service.

On way back in economy was rather surprised to find myself upgraded to business on ZRH-MAN leg. Business (about 16) and rest of plane full (A320). Think they'd overbooked and my name came up on computer as 'suitable for upgrade' as had travelled business (just a week) before.

At MAN the iris recognition didn't recognise me - I found the instructions very unclear - but at least I didn't have to go right to the back on failure, and although there seemed to be a massive queue it cleared well - about six minutes with seven staff on T1. Case waiting on belt - not bad for half-term.

So well done BMI/Swiss/MAN. I know a lot of you on the forum are regular business passengers and use your time in lounges, having a meal, getting on and off first for, erm... business. But I would recommend it as a treat, especially if airlines lower the prices a bit at weekends like Swiss do.