PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rude ASIC inspectors
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2011, 13:51
Hasherucf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rude ASIC inspectors

Today we were working away in the hangar minding our own business when we were paid a visit by 3 plain clothes people inspecting ASIC cards.

I don't mind having my my ASIC checked but what I do mind is their attitudes . They basically burst into our workspace like they where conducting a drug raid .They even asked one guy to finish his phone call.

His explanation of the 'raid' ( for want of a better word ) was that people are failing to display their ASIC above the waist by stowing it in a pocket or under their jacket and that they were in a 'period of education'. Later they would start fining people to the tune of $110 for such an offense.

Now I don't know OH&S safety laws but I think people shouldn't just walk into a operating workshop without seeking permission of the manager . If it was off airport most workshops would display a sign like 'visitors must report to office'.

Obviously we have a duty of care when a person can injure themselves in our workplace .Could you imagine someone walking in on you while your spraying an aircraft ? Or they slipped on some oil or tripped on a power cord ?

I think they need adjust their attitudes , be more courteous and respect others work environment

rant complete!