PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How long are you going to wait, wait and wait?
Old 6th Jun 2011, 19:56
Johny Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This has been same like ages.....there is nothing new in facts that is being stated in this thread.This field is same like any other field which follows CYCLICAL stages and what you are witnessing right now is acute downturn caused by worldwide economic situation of past few years that you surely must be knowing ..and if you are new in Indian Aviation and i guess you are going by your posts then you may find all this amusing yet disappointing but thats sorry state of Aviation which you me and many others are part off.

Showing dissent towards a newbie trying to find how things work in Indian aviation with being supplied with disappointing answer from a licensed pilot will not stop that starry eyed dreamer to jump the boat of DREAM's created by FAKE agents showing how " You can become pilot in 10 months and earn 24 lakhs in a year "..... which where displaced all over the national news papers till few months ago before being replaced by Type Rating Providing cum Job Placement CONS.

Point in my post is that you cant stop anyone for just cause of " hey this river is overflowing right now please dont swim or else you will be swept away just like it did to me "....If you could have taken account of what it was being pilot in India before going to CPL training then i think you wont be here trying to light facts of being Pilot in India.This state is same like in 1970's/ 1980's and particularly in mid 1990's when many new Private Airliners came with zigzag logo's in their outdated planes that seemed National Geographic History's specialized Planes put out from Museums for sake glorifying Indian Aviation ....yet many pilots got squeezed by asian financial crisis in that period which closed shops for this airlines in India but one-two survived ....and that Financial crises swept Asia's first airliner into deep red along with our own national carrier that was hampered by all spaces( Govt.....Babu's....Private airlines-Jet....and lazy unruly staff ) but those pilot who waited with patience came back with a bang & now are taking SIM Checks.....on new and old pilots.

See what patience can bring??

Being letdown by seeing your fellow friend earning a decent money in other career makes me think ....did some of you just joined Aviation for Money because one guy over here said " how much your friend earns- 30k,40k ?....and what we pilots will earn - 200k in a month..... "...man their is always an Old saying....get a backup and atleast a basic education that can save someone going low on life without flying job.

And about Pilots going in from backdoor/frontdoor/leftdoor or bloody any damn door has nothing to do with an sincere hard working guy who knows his limitations and works around his limit by waiting in the wings for his time and when that time comes he will jump higher & higher than rest.A silver spoon feed pilot is lucky to have silver as his lining along with Daddy to sponsor him or her but not an ordinary guy like may be you or rest in this forum....and as " Estranged Soul " said - that pilot is damn lucky to have Daddy and Push for first right seat.So why to compare or feel bad when we know our own limitations.
No one want to loose a chance when he knows someone can make his path a bit easy so if i was that guy with Politician Uncle then will you think i wont have taken that chance??....same goes for many others.....Ethics dont work when you badly need that First Job to kick start you flying life....

Got my point?
There are jobs for takers and mind it this are not for those Daddy's eye candy's ( who can always find a hole towards that shinny jet's right seat)....Jet came with vacancies twice in 6 months gap ....Indigo is hiring 6-8 guys on monthly basis.....If some one took risk with TR on 737/320 last year they must have been on Online now in Jet / Goair and lately Indigo....

Yes for Spicejet its always the case of whom you know and how much you know in the boardroom cons of SG.....but hey this Airline is Own'ed by Scam Masters......Run by Conmans and Conwomens- yes that ugly lady....Flown by ( sorry to say....)Pilots with Padded Logbooks who cant even do a High Speed TAXI( not many but dozens of them who where chosen in 2008-2009 time over CADETS who spent 4 years on ground......).

Anyways i assume you are new and may be waiting for last 1 -2 -3 or 5 years but this is Indian Aviation where anything can happen that is least perceived and have been like this since days of my Grand Dad and yes i was born into this mess .....

Cheers !