PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch -2
Thread: Monarch -2
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2011, 16:34
compton3bravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gibraltar/luton-luton/gibraltar

For anybody interested just returned from a week in the UK and a few points on the flights etc. Check-in at Gib was a dream for a change 2 minutes at most and no hassle about bags. Aircraft arrived on time and departed on time - about two thirds full, arrived at Luton 10 minutes early. Fortunately not many people at the UK Border post so strait through - a bit lucky there me thinks - other times being stuck for a quite a time.
Luton inundated with executive aircraft for the Champions League game.
On return check-in again 2 minutes with security not much more. Surprised to see the departure lounge packed on a Wednesday afternoon on 1 June although it was half term and there was a lot of children about. Again aircraft left on time and arrived 15 minutes early. The first Wednesday evening flight and it was full.
Overall could not grumble at either end but the new terminal at Gib will not be in commission this year I think and sorry to hear that Manchester will not be operating for the winter. The easy Liverpool service must have creamed off some traffic. Also I see that the Luton winter schedule is much reduced which to me is a bit of a surprise but they can quickly add flights if necessary. Hope of interest to some.