PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How long are you going to wait, wait and wait?
Old 5th Jun 2011, 05:37
vdaff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How long are you going to wait, wait and wait?

This is a question to jobless Indian CPL holders, Seriously guys how long are you going to wait for your first job as a FO? 3 years, 4 or 10?? I dont think its is really appropriate for a guy to wait till his 30s eating his parents money, for a girl its ok she can be a housewife in the mean time..but the boys?? it wont be nice people.

I am searching for that first job and its been nearly 2.5 yearswhereas my other friends who did engineering are working with companies earning decent salary and even ready for marriage, on the other end there are many who did CPL after me and are flying a big shiny jet for a fat salary all because they had contacts and had the money to pay for ratings and even build hours...So where we are really heading?? Is this the time where you need to spend over 50 lac to get CPL, Rating and build hours to get the job ?

Its not worth it guys...DGCA is corrupt, AI is on the edge to fall, QR EK are destroying the Indian international airlines ,other airlines asking for money for exams and even if you pass more 15 lacs...

People are saying, hang in there, hang in there, the good times are comming..where? Good times are comming only for the ones with money and contacts not for the middle class who took loans and spent our parents hard earned cash...

I cant believe some are even planning to go after hearing all these. A guy who just completed his 12th came to me and ask how can I be a pilot, and I had to be a pilot if your dad is a captain or a politician in the airline, if not then forget it and I told him even more and said i am out of work for like 2,5 years and he said yes yes and yes but yesterday he left the country to go to USA to do his training....I cant believe people are even like this, I told him so much and much but he didnt listen to me after all, now his 30 lac are going nowhere, I even warned his dad but he is also the same case, looks like some people have to experience it before believing. We cant blam some cause many of us left for training during the good times but there is no excuse for the ones who are leaving today..

as far as i heard there are some 3000-4000 still training aboard, some 2000 are in the procces of converting which makes a total of nearly 15000 unemployed pilots in the country, that is more then enough supply for like 35 years.....which proves SOME OF US WILL NEVER GET A PILOT JOB.!!!!!

SO how long are you going to hang in there, i am sure at one point you need to throw all and move on.....I am giving myself another 2 years till I finish my degree thru correspondence and my CPL might be in the dustbin soon...and move on with my life with a decent job