PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 - 3
Thread: Jet2 - 3
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 08:21
Espada III

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Why do Jet2 make it difficult for themselves?

I fly a couple of time a year to Tel Aviv on Jet2. I do prefer a full service airline but that means a change in Europe and a longer trip.

The cost of adding luggage to the trip is about £40 per case. So most people try to avoid adding luggage and we manage to travel hand luggage only. Yesterday as we got to the gate about ten minutes after boarding was 'announced' no-one had yet to a board and they were making announcements about putting larger items of hand luggage in the hold free of charge. Crazy. If they reduced the cost of hold luggage we would certainly added a single largish case than take two good sized carry on bags FOC.

Also, they get upset about people delaying push back. But as the plane had been on the ground all night, they could have boarded us a little earlier and avoided a short delay. They know people take time to stow hand luggage and telling them not to do it whilst standing in the aisle is ridiculous. It is almost impossible to stow carry on luggage unless you are in the aisle.

Rant over. I have to home yet!