PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Engagement Survey Results - Bleak
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 00:44
gobbledock

Location: Alabama, then Wyoming, then Idaho and now staying with Kharon on Styx houseboat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Staff Surveys are a cloak and dagger operation and a ruse. Anybody who thinks otherwise is either naieve or simply has an IQ of less than 50.

- They are firstly used as a deflection and distraction from the orgainsations real issues, a measure to distract staff from what is really going on in the big world.
- They are also designed or undertaken to give staff a sense of 'caring', that the organisation really does value your input regardless of whether it is positive or negative. A lie.
- Surveys are often used in conjunction with or undertaken by consultancies. Naturally the senior management team will somewhere along the line be connected to the consultancy firm by way of themselves, freinds or family. Hence the consultancy fee's often filter back through to senior managements pockets, very handy indeed. So as you bitch, whine or brown nose the company, your boss is making a tidy profit. How ironic.
- And yes, for all of you who think that your input or comments within the survey remain completely confidential you are sort of right, your personal details cannot be handed over within the public domain, but they can be dissected and fed back to management. Surveys not undertaken by a consultant but done internaly can have the respondants information and identity, let's say, revealed to management. Don't forget, as with Pprune, anything posted or sent electronially does leave traceable signatures (unless you are really really I.T savvy).

Now, I am in no way saying that any of these points are linked to QF as an organisation, let me be clear. However these points I mention are worthy of thought for anybody.