PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Up to 400 QF Cabin Crew to be axed - pilots next?
Old 2nd Jun 2011, 09:16
airtags

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
interesting [above] comment std unit - but the really interesting thing is that the CC have been pretty silent and even sucking up to Q a bit but they are now the ones getting their throats cut - maybe we need to be a bit more united and stop worrying about what happened in '89 ?? [incoming !!!!]

Not interested in the politics of their union but if you add up the capacity of all of the routes flexed to JQ & ors., then it seems that if there is a CC surplus it only because of the gifting of QF capcity to these JQ franchises.

If that is the case then the Board and the sharegolders seriously need to look at the returns as some these routes offered good yield but alas the orange cancer has driven the premium pax to other carriers.

What is more of a concern for me is that if they are seriously saying they don't need 400 CC then how long will it be before they play the same game with pilots? - and they have the BS PARC deal on the side.

As much as I don't want my shares to break $2 - maybe its the only thing that will trigger some action to punt Joyce and his JQAsia/Indo/China circus

At