PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment IX
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2011, 19:53
wannabecc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Mari for the quick response. So I was right, it's basically 24 hour layovers for most of EK's destinations, except those on the longer routes where it can go up to 48. However 31 hours for Sao Paulo seems less when compared to the other +14 hour flights LAX, SFO, IAH, GIG/GRU(listed on the Emirates world route map, but not yet in service). I hope those applying as FAs take these things into consideration, especially regarding the long haul flights. Or else it will be quite a surprise to them to be up there for all those hours (even with the crew rest provided) and then the 24 hour layover where you are basically recharging in your hotel room

Interesting to see that Toronto (with Tokyo close behind) is the one with the longest layover, yet is the most dreaded route according to some cabin crew, it being very demanding!! And this was even before the A380 flew that route.
Toronto
50/76

And what's even more suprising is that an Open Day operates on the same lines as an Assessment Day, except that for the latter you need to be invited. Glad that has now been cleared. Hmm the 9:00AM SHARP issue does make sense, but I still say it needs to be called something else

PS: I know this is totally out of context here, but how does one get into crew scheduling? Would be a great place to work I think!