PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment IX
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2011, 16:03
wannabecc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"i know it was such a disappointment.....it was not cancelled.....the people who came early or on time were told by the hotel staff it was cancelled but instead it was held later on....really sad"

Let's hope this comment of yours does not get deleted this time

[rose gil's posts were deleted by rose gil - mods]

So much for turning up ON TIME for the OPEN DAY

So then what happens next, on the Open Days provided you are there by 9:00AM SHARP, ? (I know they show you a video of Dubai, Emirates etc, take your resume etc)

Also how many Emirates destinations are now actual layovers of more than 24 hours? Most flights in the region are turnarounds, most European flights are a 24 hour layover, including the flights to the Americas I believe. I know Toronto is 48 hours, except the Fri flight which is 72 hours. The Aussie/New Zealand trips Down Under are 8-9 day trips with I believe 24 hours between sectors, maybe a longer times once back in Australia. So with all this, especially the American routes with 24 hours rest, and flights over 12-15 hours, how are current FA's taking the stress. I know when I chatted with the FAs on the JFK sectors they said the layover was too short. Would like to get a true perspective of the layover/turnarounds hours at various destinations?

I guess if you joined EK to see the world, you probably have to cram in your destination in the 24 hours you have at the layover, which might leave some quite exhausted . This might explain some of the red cross marks here Emirates Airline Customer Reviews | SKYTRAX