PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Now or never??
Thread: Now or never??
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2002, 19:17
chancha_sco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Now or never??

Having come to a crossroads in my career, I now have the chance to go for the one thing that I have always wanted to do......go for my full commercial licence. Easier said than done but to be honest, I do not consider the financial layout or the technical aspects of the course to stop me..........the thing that worries me since subscribing to this forum is the availability of jobs etc.
To put everyone in the picture, I am 36 years old and have been looking to do an integrated course at Oxford or Cabair.....
It's easy to see that there are lots of unemployed fully qualified pilots on here but what I really need is some kind of statistical
data to point out the number of unemployed/employed personel in the UK and Europe and hopefully the breakdown of the number of people out of training school who get jobs when times are better.........I know this may be a little difficult to establish but all I really need is some kind of run-down of good times/bad............
after all, spending £60k is not for the fainthearted................
my decision is still in the balance.........although to be honest I must admit I am one of lifes chancers and will see some light in a dark tunnel.......however dark......

Thanks to all in advance