PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Duty Travel on Civvy Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2002, 15:00
Reichman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I when I was on the RAF's Premier Air Transport Squadron - which now does tanking as well and still better than the self proclaimed Premier Tanker Squadron, I used to carry a copy of QR 2505. Now please tell me if I'm wrong here but doesn't a QR beat any other publication? Well if you go to

www.publications.raf.r.mil.uk/live/qrs/ch35.htm

you will find the following:

2505. Class of Travel

(4) By Civil Airline. Civil airlines operate a rough three tier class structure. Although not all classes may be available on each flight, the three classes fall into the folowing broadly defined bands:

Class 1 - First

Class 2 - Club, Executive, Business or Empress Club

Class 3 - Economy or Tourist

Where travel by civil airlines at public expense is authorised, it is to be the most economical within the class as follows:

(a) Class 1 and 3 available on aircraft. Up to 2 1/2 hours flying time - all personnel travel Class 3. over 2 1/2 hours flying time - AVM and above Class 1, all others Class 3

(b) Class 2 and 3 available on aircraft. Up to 2 1/2 hours flying time - AVM and above Class 2, all others Class 3. Over 2 1/2 hours flying time all personnel travel Class 2.

(c) All Classes available. Up to 2 1/2 hours flying time AVM and above Class 2, all others Class 3. Over 2 1/2 hours flying time ACM and above Class 1, all others Class 2.

Nowhere does it have any provisos or reference to budget holder's discretion. I don't think it can be much clearer than that. Seems to me that if you fly over 2 1/2 hours you get Club Class or somebody is breaking a Queen's Regulation.