PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet New Ab-initio scheme :)
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2011, 17:09
BUGS/BEARINGS/BOXES

Location: the OFCR......and probably somewhere over China zzzzzzzz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its a gamble, but the odds are better elsewhere. and besides, you don't really fly an A320 now do you?

Easyjet believe that everything should come to them risk and cost neutral. Lets face it, they may as well be Ryanair Uk ltd. 5 contractual earlies in a row?? Its a good thing the Airbus does a lot of the work for you. I'm shattered after 3, and thats before going onto lates!

The MPL IS a good start for an ab-initio looking for a right hand seat in minimum time, but this set up is only going to tarnish its reputation. OAA and EASY are simply looking to cash in. If there was a firm job in terms of being full-time, not a contractor(!!), then I would look closly at the finance side. There would also have to be a commitment from EASY to convert you back to a CPL/IR MCC (fATPL) should problems arise, and it becomes clear there is no job for you, for what ever reason. A certain other UK operator does this, why not easy? Simples, lets make money out of the suckers, and hey, perhaps they get a job for a while. And if the sky turns grey, as a Parc(OAA) student, they can 'offer' you a 'great rate' on converting you back to a CPL/IR. Yet more money! Damn it why dont i set up my own FTO and get in on this money maker!

Bean counters for you.

My strongest advice for those applying is to hold on! Better things could well be just around the corner, as in JUST around the corner!

And if you are a de-selectee from the RAF, you are being paid until the 1st sept 2012 in any case! Hold your fire!