PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 8
Thread: Ryanair - 8
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2011, 15:15
Facelookbovvered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to agree with FR, whilst it is true they have a good few crew heading for the Gulf the training machine grinds on full steam. I think any shortage will not hit until 2012/2013 when crews wake up up to the fact that well paid jobs based on 900+ hours year are not the same when sat on your arse over winter, but until there is a significant increase in pilot jobs, where will they go any way?

Another good set of numbers out of FR, but some concerns ahead, i don't think fuel will be one of them though.

The shrinkage in spending power of the average bod in the UK and Europe to follow, will cut FR volumes more than other no LoCo airlines in the same that the perceived increase in spending power during the debt boom increased it.

FR insist that recession is good for them and up to a point its correct as people shop around to make the money go further, but that tends to come to an abrupt halt when out of work, conversely the retired with good pension schemes, no mortgage or kids or debts to feed, or working families with young children will avoid like the plague the Easyjet/FR its a knock out scrum

In a few days time FR are committed to showing fares including tax & charges, i am sure that for the first few weeks there will be some good head line fares if only to mask the change.

Parking 80 aircraft is good sense in winter but becoming a summer only airline has huge risks because of the impact on crew incomes

Last edited by Facelookbovvered; 28th May 2011 at 15:37.