PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet New Ab-initio scheme :)
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2011, 10:49
Bn02fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok so here's where I stand.

Ok so here are my main issues with the scheme :
1. At no point is there any mention of a guaranteed job
2. It's £85,000 + Oaa accomodation at around £20,000
3. It's not an atpl until you get your command
4. It's a secured loan on a property unless you have £105k lying around
5. The whole training is based on Easyjet sops which makes it invalid elsewhere.
6. Easyjet has just reported first quarter losses of over £100m
7. Easyjets up to now massive growth rate is slowing
8. Because you can only go to Easyjet they can choose to pay you next to nothing like ctc, and let's face it why wouldn't they!
9. With no guarantee of a job you could essentially end up with no valid license. Not even a ppl!
10. You will have zero choice on where you will work, say good bye to your family's because Madrid and Paris are always short on crew.
11. Your receive an Easyjet a320 type rating again based on their seps so is it really going to be valid? Even if your license is?
12. It isn't yet Caa approved, although they guarantee to put you through an atpl if they don't accredit it that means how many more years until your online??
13. If Easyjet really wanted the best quality guys and had guaranteed jobs they would offer full sponsorship with repayments out of salary and a legally binding agreement for 10 years employment, it feels to me like they are worried that there may not be jobs so are making it risk free for themselves, and very high risk for potential candidates
14. Who's to say that when you complete that they won't choose a ctc guy over you, after-all they have a full atpl and type rating too, so essentially better qualified and are probably going to be accepting a lower pay to get the job.

People need to remember that this is a highly successful business, and they know that any press is good press, so even if this thing fails there getting publicity out of it, and the cadets are the ones taking the financial fall with potentially devastating effects.

This might be the right course for 17 year old guy or girl, who has no ties like a spouse or children, who's parents don't need to secure a loan and can give them 100k freely with no worries.

But to me that's the way the industry used to be people with money over ability. I'm not that person, I'm 21 I have a partner that I live with and the money would have to be secured on mum and dads house... But to be honest it's more than unfair for me to ask them to put their life's work on the line for a license that may not even get me a job.